How Can I Get Rid Of Ants In My Lake Mary House For Good?
April 15, 2022 - Ants
You may have thought that you'd gotten rid of ants for good last time, but it looks like they've come back with a vengeance. They seem to be settling in and building nests this time, which can only mean trouble down the road.
Ants are pretty destructive pests, with fire ants are famous for biting humans, while carpenter ants chew through any wooden structures, including furniture. Don't wait until the problem gets worse - take action now. Multiple certified Lake Mary Pest Control firms offer 24/7 services for rapid ant control near you. They can help you get rid of these pests and restore peace in your home.
How Do I Know If I Have An Ant Infestation?
Any effective ant control treatment will require detective work to find the ant nests. This is because ants are very good at hiding and can be prolific breeders. The best way to find out if you have an ant infestation is to do a thorough inspection of your home, both inside and outside. You should also look for any signs that the pests may have been around; this includes:
- Seeing Several Ants In Your Home At Once: This is a sure sign that you've got an ant infestation.
- Finding Ant Nests: Ants like to build their nests in warm, dark places. Look for them around the base of your walls, under rocks and logs, and in crevices.
- Finding Their Droppings: Ant droppings look like tiny black pellets. If you see these near where you've seen ants, you likely have an infestation.
- Finding Damage: Ants can be very destructive and will chew through anything in their way-including furniture, wires, and even food.
If you suspect that you may have an ant infestation, you should call an ant pest control company to get rid of any ants for good. Should you only want ant control products safe for pets, make it clear, and they'll ensure to only use organic and EPA-rated products.
Is It Dangerous To Have Ants In My House?
Ants can be fascinating creatures to observe, but they quickly turn from cute to disgusting when they invade your home and start biting you. They still pose a danger to your home and family, even if they're crawling around. Some of the risks associated with these pests include:
- Ants can contaminate your food with their droppings, leading to food poisoning.
- Like the fire ant, some ants can sting humans and animals, which can cause pain and swelling.
- Carpenter ants can chew through wood, which could lead to structural damage to your home.
- Ants that get into electronics can cause them to malfunction or catch fire.
Ants can cause a lot of damage to your home, so it's best to get rid of them as soon as you see one. If you're concerned about the safety of having ants in your home, consult an exterminator for possible pest control ant treatment options.
What's The Best Way To Get Rid Of Ants In My House?
When looking at ant pest control, you should focus more on prevention than waiting until you have a problem. Some of the pest control ant treatment options include:
- Seal off entry points into the house using caulk or silicone sealant.
- Organic ant control for your home, such as boric acid diatomaceous earth.
- Chemical ant control for your home such as diazinon, chlorpyrifos.
- Traps, including bait traps, liquid traps, and sticky traps.
Some of these solutions are dangerous; however, the only ant control products safe for pets and humans are organic treatments. Consult with your local ant exterminator on organic ant control for your home.
How Do I Keep Ants From Coming Back?
As you've seen, there are many ways to get rid of ants in your house. However, the only way to keep them from coming back is to leave the task to the professionals. They have effective ant control products that are safe for the environment. If you need ant control near you, visit Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions. We offer a range of professional pest control services to ensure your home is free from ants and other pests. Give us a call today for a consultation.