Natural Ways To Deter Spiders Inside Your Lake Mary Home
November 15, 2022 - Spiders
There are many different types of spiders in Florida, and most people want nothing to do with them — for good reason! Unfortunately, there are dangerous spiders here as well, and they can cause serious harm to the people they bite. Spiders are one of the main reasons people seek professional pest control in Lake Mary. The good news is there are a lot of things everyone can easily do to naturally deter spiders from setting up shop in your home. Read on to learn more about these prevention tips, and how Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions can help your home be spider-free today.
Types Of Spiders In Lake Mary
As stated earlier, there are many different types of spiders here in Florida. It’s important to know what you’re dealing with so you can stay safe if you encounter them. Below are some of the most common spiders you’ll find invading homes here in Lake Mary:
- Black widow spiders: Perhaps the most infamous of the venomous spiders, the black widow is known for its black, bulbous body and red hourglass marking on its abdomen. They are incredibly dangerous and you should not approach them.
- Brown recluse spiders: Another dangerous spider, the brown recluse is known for its brown body with a marking that resembles the shape of a violin. This is another spider you shouldn’t try to handle on your own.
- Common house spiders: You will also find your typical common house spiders invading your home, such as the southern house spider and the cellar spider.
The professionals at Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions have 40 years of combined experience safely and effectively removing dangerous spiders from Lake Mary homes. If you come across one of these pests, don’t go it alone; call us for backup today.
The Harm That Spiders Could Cause
While symptoms of a spider bite can vary depending on what kind of spider bit you, the fact remains that most spider bites are painful and cause red, itchy swelling. However, if you have been bitten by one of the more venomous spiders, you will have a much more severe experience. This might include vomiting, difficulty breathing, chills, and stomach cramps. Victims can also experience severe muscle pains and cramping as well. In rare cases, black widow spider and brown recluse spider bites can be fatal.
Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions is a family-owned and operated company, and our number one priority is your safety and satisfaction. If dangerous spiders have infiltrated your home, let us safely remove them for you. Give us a call!
Five Natural Spider Deterring Tips
The good news is that even if you have a fear of spiders, there are some easy, proven prevention tips you can implement today to help keep them from settling inside your home. Below are five natural spider deterrent tips:
- Use silicone caulk to fill in gaps, cracks, and holes in your home’s foundation.
- Make sure all of your exterior windows and doors are in good condition and installed properly.
- Repair damage to weatherstripping and add strips where they are needed.
- Invest in door sweeps for all exterior doors around your home.
- Turn off outdoor lights at night or invest in insect-resistant bulbs for outdoor fixtures.
If you still aren’t sure how spiders are getting in, give the pest control professionals at Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions a call for help today.
The Best Way To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
At Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions, our goal is to keep your home spider-free year-round. We have a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, and we take the time to get the job done right the first time. You and your family deserve to live comfortably in your own home, free from a fear of spiders. As a family-owned business, keeping your family safe is our number one goal. For expert help keeping the spiders out of your home for good, give us a call today!