If you live in Lake Mary, Florida, you've likely experienced ants in your home at one point or another. There are many different species of ants found in Florida, and all of them are considered to be nuisance pests. For effective pest control in Lake Mary, contact our expert team of technicians who are ready to serve you. Here at Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions, we'll treat your home with top-quality ant control and the proper care that it deserves.
Clear Signs Of An Ant Infestation In Your Home
Some people may struggle with identifying the signs of an ant infestation. Some even witness the signs but brush them off without even realizing it. Here are a few clear signs that an ant infestation is present in your home:
- Spotting ants in random areas in or around your home? Live ants are one of the easiest ways to identify a potential infestation inside your home. It's only a matter of time before outdoor ant colonies find their way inside. You may find ants marching up a wall, scattered around your pantry, or crawling out of dirt mounds surrounding your yard. In any case, the presence of live ants almost always points to an increased likelihood of an infestation.
- If you're suddenly coming across small piles of sawdust in your home, you could be dealing with an ant infestation. Some ants, like carpenter ants, like to burrow in wood. The result of this burrowing leads to little piles of sawdust around wood flooring, wood structures, and so on. Make sure to seek professional help if you suspect that ants are burrowing inside your home.
- Have you seen any trails of ants neatly walking about? Ant trails present themselves when ants are following a pheromone trail to an established food source. If you have seen one or more ant trails in your home, then chances are that you have an ant infestation on your hands.
- Another sign of an ant infestation is hollow-sounding wood and weakened wooden structures. Wood should be dense upon knocking on it, but wood that has been damaged by ants will sound empty on the inside instead. Additionally, wood that falls apart upon touching it has likely been damaged due to an ant infestation.
Although there are other signs that could point to an ant infestation, these are some of the easiest ways that the average homeowner can use to identify an infestation. Search for ant control near you if you suspect that you have an ant infestation in your home.
What Problems Can Ants Create In My Home?
Ants in your home can cause you and your family a multitude of problems. For instance, ants can be significantly hazardous to your health. When ants come into contact with food and drinks in your home, they often contaminate these items with bacteria. Consuming any food or beverages that have been contaminated by ants can make you and your family sick. Ants can also be harmful to your pets, especially fire ants. The venom that fire ants release can cause a dangerous allergic reaction in your pets. While some pets may only have mild symptoms like itchiness and redness, other dogs can die from a fire ant bite.
Ants can also be destructive to your property. They are known for damaging wooden structures in your home. Ants can chew through wiring, drywall, and other materials in your home, and damage your possessions, such as clothing, furniture, and electronics.
An obvious problem that ants can cause is infestations. Once ants find a food source in your home, they will continue to come back, bringing more ants with them each time. They also release pheromones to guide other ants to a food source. This can lead to a large and continuous ant infestation, which can be difficult to eliminate. Ant infestations can also attract other pests, such as flies and roaches, which can create even more concerns for you and your family.
Another problem that ants create is simply being a nuisance. They can crawl over your countertops, kitchen table, and other areas of your home, making unsanitary conditions. Ants can also get into different types of food containers, making it hard to store food properly. Ants are attracted to sugar, moisture, and other food particles, which they will carry back to their nests to feed their colony. This means that they will easily get into food containers, even if they are sealed.
The presence of ants can also be problematic and even stress-inducing. Many people have a natural aversion to insects, and the sight of ants crawling all over their surfaces can be distressing and inflict fear upon them. This can negatively impact your quality of life and lead to sleep disturbances or other stress-related health problems. A full-blown ant infestation can have a detrimental impact on your overall well-being.
Take action to prevent ant infestations and treat any ant problems promptly to minimize the impact on your home and family. Call our team at Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions for effective ant control.
Five Naturally Effective Ant Prevention Tips
With the right measures, you'll be able to keep ants at bay. Instead of relying on dangerous pesticides, there are many natural ways to prevent ants from entering your home. Here are five effective and natural tips that effectively keep ants out:
- Maintain a clean home: Ants are attracted to food, so keep your home clean and free of crumbs, spills, and other food debris. Regularly clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping, and storing food in airtight containers.
- Seal cracks: Ants can enter your home through the smallest of cracks, holes, and crevices, so check your home and seal any potential entry points. Use any sealants available to fill any gaps or holes in your windows, doors, and baseboards.
- Use vinegar and essential oils: Vinegar and essential oils like tea tree, peppermint, lemon, and eucalyptus can all be used as a natural ant repellent. Mix equal parts of vinegar and water and spray it around entry points and other areas where ants are present. Essential oils can be added to the mixture to enhance its effectiveness.
- Plant ant-repelling herbs: Certain herbs are thought to repel ants due to the way that they smell. Planting a few ant-repelling herbs around the perimeter of your home can help keep ants away. You can also crush the leaves and spread the powder around your home for added protection.
- Use diatomaceous earth: Diatomaceous earth is a naturally occurring mineral that is toxic to ants. Spread a small amount of diatomaceous earth around entry points and other areas where ants are present. Be sure to use food-grade diatomaceous earth, as other forms can be harmful to humans and pets. It takes an estimate of about 16 hours to get rid of red ants and 24 hours to get rid of black ants. Outdoor ant control is just as important as indoor ant control.
By following these five tips, you can effectively prevent ants from entering your home and creating problems. These natural solutions are not only effective, but they are also safe, making them a great choice for homeowners who are looking for a non-toxic solution to their ant problems.
Call The Professionals For Total Ant Control
For ant pest control that you can rely on, give us a call at Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions. Here at Hawkeye, we strive to provide you with the best ant control in your house that is unlike our competitors. Together, our technicians have a combined experience of over 40 years in the pest control industry, readily equipping us to tackle any ant problem that comes our way.
At Hawkeye Home & Pest Solutions, We are a local pest control company in the Orlando area that proudly offers the best quality treatment to our customers in Central Florida. Best of all, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. No matter what the reason may be, if you are dissatisfied with your results, we will retreat your property again at no additional charge. If you are still unhappy after 30 days we will happily refund your last service. Our top priority is the satisfaction of our customers, and our satisfaction guarantee helps us achieve that goal with ease.
Don't wait any longer! For ant control solutions that truly work, give us a call today!